So I was supposed to be writing a blog post on how I backpacked Guatemala for a week, but now I'm on my second backpacking trip.
I'll try to keep this one updated. Keyword: TRY lol
I'm doing this Costa Rica trip because my couchsurfer friend won me a ticket to a popular festival called Envision Festival
Let the video below give you an idea of what this is. You make your own deductions. I think I'll like it.
This is my first trip that's really outside neighboring countries, so it's kinda exciting.
- I got a shared taxi (colectivo) to Flores, El Peten to catch a flight here.
- I stayed at a hostel called Hotel Mirador del Lago (couldn't find a couchsurfer)
- Used my portable hammock for the first time (very fcking cool but uncomfortable)
- Saw drunk tourists trying to climb the hostel wall after getting locked out (cliche)
- Met an Austrian girl that will hike for 5 days to El Mirador Ruin
- Realized why couchsurfing is so amazing (hostels are nice for meeting lots of people though)
- Realized traveling still takes a ton of planning even though I want to be in flow
- Still like this traveling thing a lot